We love fun facts. They are a great way to relax and read about some neat things that maybe you did not, well… know. So, grab your favorite organic beverage and take a look at some of the interesting information we dug up. Enjoy! Did you know that If you yelled for 8 years, 7 months and 6 days, you would have produced enough sound energy to heat one cup of coffee?
Who knew that the strongest muscle in the human body in relation to its size is the tongue?
We don’t recommend licking stamps, however, every time you do, you’re consuming 1/10th of a calorie to do so.
It’s hard to imagine that the human heart creates enough pressure to squirt blood 30 feet.
Banging your head against a wall expends more than 150 calories per hour.
- Oceanic plant life covers 85% of all earthly plant life.
- Caffeine is a natural insecticide. The coffee plant uses its naturally occurring caffeine as a protective pesticide for its own benefit. When an insect attempts to feed on a plant containing caffeine, it paralyzes and kills the insect or perpetrator.
- As natural sedatives, onions will induce sleepiness if eaten in large quantities.
- The buttercup, a flower native to North America, has toxic capabilities that could potentially cause gastrointestinal toxicity in grazing livestock animals, and toxify the organs and nervous system of a human with potential for death.
- Out of thousands of plants in the world, just 30 plants makeup more than 90 percent of foods we eat.
- More than 80 percent of Planet Earth’s original forests have been destroyed by clearing or development.
- Plant extinction is on the rise. 68 percent of plants are in danger of extinction.
- The fresh cut grass smell is actually a plant distress call.
- Natural hurricane plant engineering. The hurricane plant has holy leaves – well, not really, they have holes in their leaves, which keep it from being destroyed by wind.
- There are over 80,000 edible plant species exist on planet Earth.
- Iowa law prohibits public displays of affection (such as kissing) lasting more than five minutes.
- Alabama restricts all bear-wrestling matches.
- One Georgia law prohibits keeping a donkey in the bath tub.
- In Louisiana, you could end up with a ten-year prison sentence if you steal an alligator.
- Maine prohibits people from exiting a plane during the course of flight.
- In Florida, more specifically, Saratoga, Florida, citizens are prohibited from singing and wearing a swimsuit at the same time.
- In Alabama, It’s illegal to wear a fake mustache that causes laughter in church.
- Michigan says it’s illegal for a woman to cut her own hair without her husband’s permission.
- The great State of Nebraska’s law states that you could be arrested if your child burps during church.
- If you throw salt on train tracks in Alabama, you could get the death penalty.
Facts About The Human Body
- Concrete has nothing on the strength of a human thigh bone. Human bone is as strong as granite. A block of bone the size of a matchbox could support 9 tons of weight.
- Men blink only half as much as women blink.
- Human ribs move an average of 5 million times in one year from each breath taken.
- Every human being has a tongue print as individual as a finger print.
- On average, a person loses 600,000 skin particles per hour. Yikes!
- The human finger is amazingly sensitive! Your fingers are so sensitive in fact, that if your fingers were the size of the earth, you could feel the difference between a car and and house.
- Want to read fast? How about 1,000 words per minute fast? The human brain can do this.
- When love is in the air, you may get healthier. When you are in love, the human brain releases a plethora of neurotransmitters and hormones similar to amphetamines. This leads to an increased heart rate, slowing of sleep and appetite, and intense feelings of excitement.
- The muscles in our bodies are incredibly more powerful than we know. Human strength is limited to protect our tendons and muscles from tearing and permanently harming themselves. This limitation can be removed during an adrenaline rush, during which some people have lifted boulders or even cars off themselves.
- For every pound of fat or muscle gained, your body creates seven miles of new blood vessels.
- 16 Unusual Facts About the Human Body
- 10 Weird and Truly Terrifying Plants
- Dumb Laws
- 50 Things Everyone Should Know
- 10 Incredible Plant Facts You Didn’t Know
- Plant Facts
- Fox News